Saturday, September 12, 2015

All In The Family {Keena and Connor}



The second she poked her head out of the trailer upon arriving to her new temporary home at River Farm in Leesburg Virginia, a certain two year old toddler was captivated. It was a shared interest: and instant bonding, I couldn't have been more happy. Keena, after all, would be for my son Connor. 

When she arrived there were a few chuckles to be heard around the barn, a stable typically home to lavish jumpers and other fancy show horses, each with personal grooms and massage therapists, and passports to travel the world for competition. My friend was managing the property while the string was off showing in California.

"Is that a Llama or a pony", one of the farm maintainance workers asked?

It didn't bother me, she was equally as cute as she was llama looking. In fact she ended up melting the hearts of many who saw her, though, there was a bet going around that she would not survive three weeks in the current condition she was in. 

None of this phased me, I saw what others were not seeing. Keena had my love and the love of a little boy to fuel her fire! 


































No comments:

Post a Comment